Last Modified: September 1, 2015
I. Information collection and use practices
A. What Basic Information Does VisionCraft Studio Collect?
We typically collect personal information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis, and you may visit areas on the Site without choosing to do so. However, in order to use certain parts of the Site and/or log-on to play the Game, you will be required to create an account by providing us your email address and selecting a unique username and password (an “Account”). For age verification purposes, we also ask for your birthday during the Account creation process. In the course of maintaining your Account, you might also be asked to participate in online surveys about the Game, or in other Game-related promotional contests, participation in which is entirely voluntary. You might also desire to contact our customer support team via the “Support” tab found on the Site. In participating in such promotional activities or in contacting customer support, you might be requested to provide additional information beyond your email address, including your name, full address and phone number. In operating the Site or otherwise offering the Game, we might also request other information from you, including hardware specs, software performance metrics, game experience, refer-a-friend, and other demographic information that might be associated with your personal information, such as your gender, hobbies, occupation, platform preferences, and other game ownership information.
Please note that in utilizing certain areas of the Site (e.g. purchasing merchandise) or the Game (e.g. purchasing Battle Points), you will be requested to provide additional information in order to complete a purchase, such as your name, full address, phone number, internet protocol address (for fraud tracking purposes) and credit card information or other payment information depending on payment method selected. In most instances, information provided for payment purposes will also be shared with a third party payment provider, depending on the payment method used. Please see Section IV below regarding how third parties working on behalf of VisionCraft Studio use your personal information.
In the event that you choose to create an Account and play the Game, we also collect certain information regarding your in-Game performance and/or interactions with other users (e.g., wins / losses, recent games played, average number of kills / deaths etc.). These statistics are associated with your in-Game Nickname name and are publicly accessible by members of the VisionCraft Studio community. In addition, we may share your in-Game statistics with third parties in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. To be clear, no personal information about you, such as your email address, username, IP address, or other sensitive information, will be shared as a part of this process.
If you choose to use our referral service to refer a friend to our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. VisionCraft Studio stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
You or your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
B. What Additional Information Does VisionCraft Studio Collect?
(1) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and internet protocol (IP) addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). In addition, your web browser or Game software may transmit to VisionCraft Studio certain geographic information or other information regarding your computer, including its capabilities, hardware specs and game data processing. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(2) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. While we do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
(3) WEB BEACONS. Our Site pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails and online advertising to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
C. What Does VisionCraft Studio Do With Collected Information?
(2) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze the Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(4) COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on VisionCraft Studio or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of VisionCraft Studio or the users of the Site or Game, or (c) act under unusual, extraordinary or emergency circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site or Game.
(5) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Site or otherwise collected in connection with the Game. If VisionCraft Studio or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information and personal information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Site.
(6) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. You are able to review and request changes to your Account information within the Site at the account page. Unfortunately, we do not maintain similar procedures within the Game software, and you must visit the Site to take such actions. You may also request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us in accordance with Section VII.A below.
D. Notice Concerning Children
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 18 years of age. The Site and the Game are not intended for children under the age of 18. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online, and as such do not knowingly collect any personal information from any user under age 18. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site or Game user is under age 18, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s Account.
The Site and the Game have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. We store your personal information on our servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to protect the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to VisionCraft Studio employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Site and the Game. All VisionCraft Studio personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the use of the Game or the Site and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
III. Website areas beyond our control
A. Public Forums and In-Game Chat Text
The Site includes a section for interactive “forums” in the form of message boards (the “Forums”) to which users with an Account and an in-Game Nickname name may post. Additionally, within the Game, you can participate in real-time interactive chat (“Chat”) with other players. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in the Forums or Chat becomes public information in which you relinquish any expectation of privacy. Remember that VisionCraft Studio asks that you not disclose any personal information when posting in the Forums or in Chat, and you should exercise caution when deciding what information to share. We reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to monitor your use of the Forums or Chat. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
B. Third Party Websites
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
IV. Service providers
We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, such as to fulfill product orders, collect billing information and process payments. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information.
V. The Battleobserver
VisionCraft Studio has empowered its community of users (the “Community”) to police the compliance of other users with VisionCraft Studio’ policies as they apply to in-Game behavior. Community members, including you as a user, are allowed to report players and submit descriptions of activity and actions of certain users within the Game, and collectively determine if that particular user was in compliance with all of the VisionCraft Studio policies relating to user conduct.
Consistent with the terms of The VisionCraft Studio Battleobserver Policy, all Chat will be recorded by VisionCraft Studio and stored for a period determined by VisionCraft Studio in its sole discretion, which period VisionCraft Studio may change from time to time. Should your in-Game actions be reported by another user, and should your case come before The Battleobserver, the entire Chat log from that particular reported Game session will automatically be included in The Battleobserver report and available for viewing by randomly selected members of the Community that participate in The Battleobserver. As stated above, please take care to not provide any personally identifiable information in the Chat, understanding that the Chat is public information in which you do not have an expectation of privacy. Notwithstanding the above, VisionCraft Studio will not use any personally identifiable information that might appear within the Chat for any purposes whatsoever, beyond the automatic posting of the Chat log to the Battleobserver report.
VI. Dispute resolution
A. Dispute Resolution Outside The European Union
If you are a resident of any country not a current member of the European Union, you agree that should any dispute or claim arise out of, or relate to, this Policy (“Claim”), you will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the Claim directly with us. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for thirty (30) days after one party has provided written notice of the Claim to the other party, all parties shall join in mediation services in Karlsruhe, Germany with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
VisionCraft Studio will send its notice to the address we have on file to the extent that you have provided additional contact information to us (e.g. by participating in a promotional or survey, or contacting a customer services representative). Otherwise, we will send our notice to the email address associated with your Account. You will send your notice to Timm Lotter, Hellenstrasse 1, 76228 Karlsruhe, Germany, Attn: Legal Department. Please note that this informal resolution procedure does not suspend any statutory limitation periods applicable to the bringing of a Claim.
B. EU OFFLINE Dispute resolution
If you are a resident of a country that is a current member of the European Union and have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should first contact VisionCraft Studio by mail at Hellenstraße 1, 76228 Karlsruhe, Germany, or by email at email@example.com.
VII. Contact information and policy updates
A. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices regarding your personal information related to the Site or Game, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database and deactivate your Account, please feel contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or amend it by making the change on our member information page located at www.timmlotter.com/battlefall/account, or by emailing our Privacy Customer Support at email@example.com, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your Account and applicable services. However, also note that when you delete your Account, we may retain your Account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your Nickname name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Updates and Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
C. Additional Policies
Timm Lotter, Hellenstrasse 1, 76228 Karlsruhe, Germany, or by email at email@example.com
Die Nutzung unserer Webseite ist in der Regel ohne Angabe personenbezogener Daten möglich. Soweit auf unseren Seiten personenbezogene Daten (beispielsweise Name, Anschrift oder eMail-Adressen) erhoben werden, erfolgt dies, soweit möglich, stets auf freiwilliger Basis. Diese Daten werden ohne Ihre ausdrückliche Zustimmung nicht an Dritte weitergegeben.
Wir weisen darauf hin, dass die Datenübertragung im Internet (z.B. bei der Kommunikation per E-Mail) Sicherheitslücken aufweisen kann. Ein lückenloser Schutz der Daten vor dem Zugriff durch Dritte ist nicht möglich.
Der Nutzung von im Rahmen der Impressumspflicht veröffentlichten Kontaktdaten durch Dritte zur Übersendung von nicht ausdrücklich angeforderter Werbung und Informationsmaterialien wird hiermit ausdrücklich widersprochen. Die Betreiber der Seiten behalten sich ausdrücklich rechtliche Schritte im Falle der unverlangten Zusendung von Werbeinformationen, etwa durch Spam-Mails, vor.